We often spend a lot of time focusing on our front yards—for good reason. Your front lawn is the first thing someone is going to see when they visit your home, and having an aesthetically pleasing front yard is the perfect way to make a great first impression.
During the summer months, we all tend to spend a bit more time outside. Most of this time is actually spent in the backyard, rather than the front yard. With this in mind, wouldn’t you want to make sure that your backyard is perfectly comfortable and meets all of your needs? Here are a few things to consider that may help revamp your backyard:
- Patios and Decks
- Garden Furniture
- Lush, Green Lawns
Patios and Decks
A great start to the perfect backyard is by adding a patio or deck. A patio can be as simple as laying concrete and adding a few lawn
chairs and an umbrella. A deck is generally a structure made from wood, whether it’s raised or level with the ground. If you’re feeling particularly ambitious, you can add a roof over your patio, which will protect you from excessive sun exposure.
One great reason to have a patio or deck is that it’s the perfect spot for all of your summer backyard barbecues. You could add a grill and even an outdoor kitchen complete with granite countertops and built-in seating. With a deck like that, everyone will be begging to be invited to your Labor Day barbecue this year!
Sometimes a few lawn chairs just don’t quite cut it. If you’re getting bored with your backyard, think about swapping out the furniture you have now with an outdoor couch and a small glass coffee table on your patio or deck. A swinging chair or a portable propane-powered fire pit may also be nice additions. Here are a few steps to follow when you’re deciding which garden furniture is best for you:
- Ask yourself what your priorities are. Do you want lots of places for friends and family to sit, or would you prefer a cozy set-up for just two? Are you throwing parties every weekend, or just stargazing with one other person?
- Assess the amount of space you have to work with and plan accordingly. Measure your space and determine what you can comfortably fit in your yard.
- Choose your preferred seating. Perhaps you want permanent seating options, or maybe portable seats are better. Are you a table and chairs kind of person, or are you always in a hammocking kind of mood?
- Choose your lighting. Outdoor lanterns or twinkle lights can add a feeling of warmth to your yard when the sun goes down
- Choose your accessories. The type of accessories you choose will depend on what activities you plan to do in your backyard. A fire pit or a shade awning might be an essential part of your yard—or perhaps you need a perfect spot for your grill or a place to sit and eat.
Aside from somewhere for adults to sit and chat, you need a place for your kids and pets to run around and play. There isn’t a better place for this than a soft, green lawn! There are a handful of different options for adding a lawn, but we highly recommend going with a natural, real option, rather than with artificial grass. Artificial lawns get incredibly hot and uncomfortable during the summer. A real lawn will not only feel great to the touch, but it will smell great and clean itself. It’s the perfect place to lay out a blanket and have an at-home picnic any day of the week this summer.
Do you need help growing that green, lush lawn you want? Call or text Stewarts Lawn Service at 801-226-2261 today for a free quote and more information!